Senior Web Developer – Ruby on Rails – Digital Agency - Boston
Boston, MA 02109 | Direct Hire
Sr. Web Developer
My client is an Interactive Ad Agency that made the AD AGE AGENCY “A-LIST “ in 2018. With growing revenues of 20% since last year, putting creativity at the center of everything it does and doubling down on the "hyperbundled" model, with a full service of offerings including strategy, creative, media, digital, social, PR, CRM and analytics.
- Not like typical startups, deadlines are realistic
- Great Work/Life balance
- Beer and Wine Closets Every Thurs and Fri
- Laid back and team environment
The Senior Web Developer is tasked with creating and improving well-organized, robust code with maintainability and portability in mind while bringing their deep understanding of the most innovative technologies out there to bear on the agency's creative product.
Experience in an agency environment (advertising or digital-only) is extremely important, if not mandatory. Bonus points if it was in an integrated environment doing work across all types of media, online and offline. Helping to maintain and build site infrastructures in AWS will be an area of focus, so experience with site architecting and AWS is preferred.
- Build and maintain robust interactive websites and microsites for large companies
- 4-8 years of experience required.
- Very solid skills with Ruby on Rails and other backend languages.
- Solid understanding of PHP and ability to help maintain some of our evergreen sites.
- Deep understanding of server architecture and infrastructure with platforms like AWS and Heroku.
- Knowledge of MVC architecture and how it relates to server and client side web development.
- Experience creating, as well as consuming, JSON-based APIs.
- Understanding of databases and data modeling/design techniques is required.
- Well versed in Git and a good understanding of how to work on large projects with multiple people committing code in-tandem.
- Experience with Linux operating systems is required, as this role is required to handle information across several servers simultaneously.
- Understanding of software design patterns and testing methodologies is a plus.
- Agency or startup experience, or experience in another creatively charged, collaborative environment.
Applicants must provide URLs for a portfolio site, GitHub account, client work, side projects or any other site or application work that shows your development chops and creative spark. Applicants who do not provide a link to their work will not be reviewed.
Contact Recruiter Matt at 860-969-0853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!