Medical Device Opportunity – Product Development Mechanical Engineer – Greater Boston area
Boston, MA | Direct Hire
Product Development Engineer (Mechanical)
My client, founded in 1989 is a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Offers solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Product include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. In-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
The Product Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design aspects of a project, interacting with external design and development partners, participating on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating testing activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree (MS) is preferred.
- Min. of 5 years of engineering experience is required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Black Belt certification is desired
- Min. of 2 years of Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, especially in the neurosurgery field.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerances, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.
Contact Recruiter Matt at 860-969-0853 or email email@example.com for more info!