Newington, CT | Direct Hire
POSITION SUMMARY: Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine and complete set ups for other operators.; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Set up and operate the various shop equipment including but not limited to CNC and manual mills and CNC lathes using assorted fixtures and tools.
- Understands CNC Programs.
- Work with Programmer to optimize machining times.
- Inspect own work with standard gaging.
- Maintain quality and production standards.
- Make tool adjustments and changes.
- Perform secondary operations as required.
- Maintaining equipment and/or machinery.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Train other employees as required.
- Assist in helping other operators to maintain production and quality.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures.
- Fill out inspection, work orders and process records.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are required.
- Work toward continual improvement of self and job.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS: Needs prior CNC and manufacturing experience, work with a minimum of supervision, ability to set up and run multiple machines when needed, physically able to lift 50 pounds, desire to learn new skills, work on their feet for extended period of time. Must have good basic math skills, ability to read, write and speak English, and good interpersonal skills. Previous independent work environment preferred.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail.
This position does require Safety Glasses and Safety Shoes for personal protective equipment.