Controls Engineer (Software)
Spartanburg, SC | Direct Hire
Position: Controls Engineer (Software)
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Pay Range: 85k+
- Benefits: Competitive and generous benefits package which includes:
- Health-Savings Account,
- Life and 401(k)
- Meet with customer and project manager to understand requirements of customer needs
- Provide input to the controls hardware designer as required to ensure an appropriate hardware design.
- Develop the system software architecture.
- Write the control system software - this can be based on either PLC or PC hardware.
- Develop Human to Machine Interface (HMI) programs and integrate with the control system.
- Responsible for integrating peripheral hardware and software, such as but not limited to, servo motors, Vision, Robots, leak test systems, LVDT's, data collection systems. These peripheral systems may require knowledge and experience in network communications and protocols.
- Debug the system hardware and software.
- Run off the system with the customer.
- Support the installation of the equipment.
- Debug at customer's site if necessary.
- Adhere to established controls standards and procedures.
- Observe safety procedures.
- Any other task assigned by management within scope of position, federal and state regulations.
- BS Degree with 5+ years work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write control programs (PLC or PC), develop HMI programs, and have custom system engineering/troubleshooting experience.
- Prefer knowledge of Rslogix5000, PL7Pro, Siemens Step 7, Microsoft Office, networks, vision, servos and robots.
For more information please contact Ashley